Call for Papers
16th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (IEEE NMDC 2021)
The 16th IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference (IEEE NMDC 2021) will be held in Vancouver, BC, Canada from December 12-15, 2021. IEEE NMDC 2021 will be co-located with the IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (IEEE CEIDP). The two conferences will hold joint sessions to highlight important work being pursued at the nexus of their respective disciplines.
The technical program for NMDC 2021 will feature innovative research results on a wide variety of topics that emphasize the role of nanoscale phenomena, materials and devices in established and emerging technological areas. Before submitting abstracts, researchers are encouraged to examine the Technical Program Areas to identify the ones that most closely reflect the emphasis of their work.
Call for Late News Abstracts. Download Late CFP flyer (PDF).
NOTE: Please note that due to COVID-19, we may face uncertainty related to travel options and restrictions as well as economic impacts. While we have planned for a face-to-face meeting, we are prepared to take contingency steps that include provisions for remote participation and attendance.
Technical Program Areas:
The following topical areas will be highlighted at the conference :
- NanoDielectric Materials for Microwave Applications
- NanoDevices for Neuromorphic/AI/VR Applications
- Nanomagnetic Structures and Devices
- Nanosensors and Nanoactuators
- Nanoscale Dielectrics for Resistive Memory Applications
- Theory and Modelling of Nanomaterials and Devices
- Low-Dimensional and Quantum Dot Devices for Energy Applications
- Nanodiamond and Other Nanocarbon Structures
- Nanomaterials for Energy Applications
- Nanopackaging and Heterogeneous System Integration
- NanoBio Medical Applications, Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering
- Nanorobotics and Soft Robotics Nanotechnology
- Nanomanufacturing and Nanofabrication Methods
- Nanofluidics and Nanoreactors
- Nanometrology and Characterization
- Nanophotonics, Metamaterials and Plasmonics
- Nanotechnology Issues: Environment, Safety and Sustainability
- Nanotechnology Education
- Commercialization of Nanotechnology
Call for Contributions
Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality papers reporting original results under the broad theme, and in all areas of nanotechnology materials and devices. Best Conference Papers and Best Student Papers will be awarded. Information for Authors including Submission Instructions and requirements can be found on these pages.
Tutorials and Workshops: As with previous IEEE NMDC conferences, the organizers intend to arrange a program of workshops and/or tutorials to be held prior to the conference. Proposals for tutorials and workshops that address topics related to the conference theme are welcome. Use this form to contact us.
Exhibits: IEEE NMDC 2021 offers an excellent opportunity for companies with links to nanotechnology to showcase their products and services. Exhibition space is available at the Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel near the meeting space for the conference technical program. Information on exhibiting can be found on the conference website here.
Submitted manuscripts will undergo a full paper review process. After paper acceptance, the final paper can be submitted for the conference Proceedings (see past conferences in IEEE Xplore).
All authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit versions of their papers to the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO), the IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine (INM) or the IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology (OJ NANO). Authors submitting to the Special Issues on NMDC 2021 will be requested to significantly expand the content of their conference proceedings papers. All submitted papers will go through the standard review process of the journal.
Information for Authors including Submission Instructions and requirements can be found here.
|Key Dates for NMDC 2021 Paper Submission:|
|Last date for Special Session and Workshop/Tutorial proposals||31-Mar-21|
|Last date for Short Abstract (text only) submission|
|Short Abstract acceptance notification||31-May-21|
|Last date for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers submission|
|Paper acceptance notification||31-Aug-21 (revised)|
|Last date for Final Manuscript submission for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers||1-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Late Breaking News Abstract Review Submission||15-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Late Breaking News Abstract Final submission||30-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Pre-registration opens||31-Aug-21 (revised)|
|Regular registration opens||31-Oct-21|
- NMDC 2022 Call for Papers
- NMDC 2021 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore
- NMDC 2021 in and Around Vancouver
- Extended Deadline for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers submission
- NMDC 2021 Postponed to December