Submission Instructions for Authors
Abstracts and papers need to be prepared using the guidelines in the Formatting section. PLEASE use a Conference template; do not use a JOURNAL template – page numbers, headers, copyright footers etc must be removed.
Abstracts and Papers must be submitted via EDAS at https://edas.info/N27975.
Publisher: The Conference Proceedings will be published in IEEE Xplore.
|Key Dates for NMDC 2021 Paper Submission:|
|Last date for Special Session and Workshop/Tutorial proposals||31-Mar-21|
|Last date for Short Abstract (text only) submission|
|Short Abstract acceptance notification||31-May-21|
|Last date for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers submission|
|Paper acceptance notification||31-Aug-21 (revised)|
|Last date for Final Manuscript submission for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers||1-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Late Breaking News Abstract Review Submission||15-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Late Breaking News Abstract Final submission||30-Oct-21 (revised)|
|Pre-registration opens||31-Aug-21 (revised)|
|Regular registration opens||31-Oct-21|
Abstracts can be submitted in PDF using a paper template (see below) or the NMDC abstract template. They need to follow the IEEE PDF specifications (see below) regarding fonts, bookmarks and hyperlinks.
For information on formatting your submission you can refer to the IEEE Author Center at https://conferences.ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/. We have Word templates for EDAS which can be downloaded in letter and A4 format. For LaTeX see the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html. DO NOT USE A JOURNAL TEMPLATE.
Full Papers and 2-page Extended Abstracts (this option is only valid for Late News submissions) must follow the IEEE paper template and satisfy the following requirements:
- Manuscript must be in English
- Please make sure to follow the IEEE two-column format, single-spaced, ten-point font in the text. Margins: top 0.75” (1.9 cm); left and right 0.62” (1.2 cm); bottom 1” (2.54 cm). The abstract should be 100-200 words, but is limited to a maximum of one pages (two pages for invited speakers).
- Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF) format.
- Do not use: page headers, page numbers, page footers, copyright footer.
- All fonts must be embedded in the PDF file (in Word, create the PDF with “ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)” option).
- Authors MUST submit their papers electronically using EDAS as described above.
- No Bookmarks are allowed in the PDF.
- No hyperlinks are allowed in the PDF. [In Word to remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.] (Note: some recent versions of Word insert internal links for footnotes and figures.)
- To help find margin issues, enable “Show text boundaries” in MS Word. Go into Main/File, then Word Options, then Advanced. Then check the box under “Show document content” for “Show text boundaries”. That lets you see where figures are intruding into the margins. Also, if you reset the margins, you have to select the whole document before you apply “margins.”
Signed IEEE Copyright Forms must be collected for all papers and extended abstracts accepted for publication.
NMDC has enabled the EDAS IEEE eCopyright function (ECF). With ECF, authors are redirected to an IEEE web site and fill in the IEEE copyright form on the web. The ECF then reports completion of the web form to EDAS, allowing the author to upload the form. Thus, authors do not have to print, fill out and upload copyright forms manually.
Authors of accepted papers can submit copyright forms via the (c) link in the ‘My Papers’ tab.
Guidelines for submitting your full final paper PDF
- Formatting must comply with the stated requirements (see Formatting).
- Authors must complete the IEEE Copyright Assignment form.
- All papers must be checked for plagiarism (performed by EDAS).
- All papers must be PDF verified, either with the EDAS, or through the IEEE PDF eXpress system before submission.
Using IEEE PDF eXpress
NOTE: IEEE changed PDF eXpress vendors as of January 1, 2021. Our site 50713X has been set up with the new vendor, please use this URL ieee-pdf-express.org, most likely you will need to create an account even if a previous user. If there is a problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage authors to check their final full papers for NMDC using the IEEE PDF eXpress system http://ieee-pdf-express.org/ before they are submitted to the conference in EDAS. Here are the basic instructions for using PDF eXpress:
- Dates: Site opens: 2021-05-16; Submission deadline: 2021-10-30.
- First-time users: Go to http://ieee-pdf-express.org/. Select “New Users – Click Here“, then enter your email address and a memorable password, and the Conference ID 50713X.
- Previous users: Go to http://ieee-pdf-express.org/. Enter 50713X for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account. When you click “Login“, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue“. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this conference.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title“.
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended).
- Click “Submit PDF for checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion“.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click “Browse” and navigate to file, and click “Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
- If your PDF submitted fails the check: Submit your source file again by clicking “Try again“, Read the PDF Check Report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or Request Technical Help through your account.
- If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF: Resubmit your source file with corrections by clicking “Try again“, or if that fails, “Request a Manual Conversion“through your account.
- If the PDF submitted passed the check: If the PDF passed, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF, submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the Submission Process above.
For questions regarding PDF eXpress, you can visit the IEEE Publications Support Center. Also, please see related FAQ at: https://supportcenter.ieee.org/app/answers/list/st/4/kw/author/. Please ensure to quote your abstract ID in all correspondence.
If you have questions or problems, contact the Program Committee using this form: