The NMDC 20201 Committee suggests the following list of things to do in and around Vancouver.
Vancouver Attractions Group — this is a group of top attractions offering discount coupons to visit their establishments. https://www.vancouverattractions.com/coupons
- Capilano Suspension Bridge – Canyon Lights https://www.capbridge.com/explore/canyon-lights/
Cross the glowing suspension bridge, with the canyon and Capilano River illuminated with lights below.
- Grouse Mountain – https://www.grousemountain.com/winter-activities
Ride the Grouse Mountain Gondola to visit the Winter Wonderland including Light Walk, Sliding centre, skiing, snowshoeing, ziplines and more.
- Robson Square Outdoor Ice Rink is located downtown next to the Vancouver Art Gallery: https://www.robsonsquare.com/
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Robson Square is a provincial landmark and the Province’s largest building with 1.2 million square feet extending over three city blocks.
- Visit the Vancouver Aquarium, Canada’s largest and most loved aquarium, with indoor and outdoor exhibits — https://www.vanaqua.org/visit/tickets
- University of British Columbia (UBC) Museum of Anthropology — https://moa.ubc.ca/rentals/#menu-visit
Welcome to the Museum of Anthropology, a place of world arts and cultures with a special emphasis on the First Nations peoples and other cultural communities of British Columbia, Canada.
- The Vancouver Art Gallery, a landmark in downtown Vancouver — https://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/visit
- Shop the world-famous Granville Island market, an indoor market featuring a colourful food and produce stores, showcasing handcrafted products and the very finest in unique gifts. All fresh from the ocean, the oven or the field. — https://granvilleisland.com/public-market
- Vancouver Christmas Market — Get those Glühwein mugs ready! The Vancouver Christmas Market returns from Nov 13-Dec 24 to Jack Poole Plaza. Delight in German-style food and drinks, hop on our Christmas carousel, and stroll through a wonderland of holiday shopping, music, and lights. https://www.vancouverchristmasmarket.com/
FESTIVALS of LIGHTS:
- Van Dusen Gardens is open in December with outdoor displays, including a Festival of Lights display that was just announced: https://vandusengarden.org/events/festival-of-lights-2021/
“Experience a magical winter wonderland with more than one million lights decorating 15 acres of VanDusen Botanical Garden.”