Authors Info 2015
Instructions for Authors
NOTE: All authors will have to start with a submission of a text-only Abstract (100-200 words). The short abstract will be used only to validate its scope within the conference.
A. Regular papers submission (to Tracks 1 through 7):
Submission (see Submission Process) starts with a text-only (paste into Abstract text box) Abstract (100-200 words):
- Upon the Abstract acceptance, submit a 4-page paper in PDF (using the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings).
- Submitted manuscripts will undergo a full paper review process. Upon paper acceptance the final paper is then submitted for the conference Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore).
- Selected papers will be invited for submission to the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) or the IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine. Authors submitting to the Special Issues on NMDC 2018 will be requested to significantly expand their conference papers.
B. Invited presentation submission:
Submission (see Submission Process) starts with a text-only Abstract (100-200 words).
Upon the Abstract acceptance the invited speakers have the following options:
- Do Nothing, the submitted Abstract will become part of the program description but will not appear in the Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore); OR
- Submit a 2-page extended PDF abstract (using the conference template) which will appear in the NMDC 2018 Proceedings (in Xplore) but not count as a publication; OR
- Submit a 4-6 page paper for review and inclusion in the NMDC 2018 Proceedings (in Xplore).
Invited speakers are automatically invited to submit expanded version of their conference publication to the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) or the IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine. Authors submitting to the Special Issues on NMDC 2018 will be requested to significantly expand their conference publication.
Invited Speakers that choose option (b) are asked to notify the NMDC 2018 Program Committee and/or Publications Committee to assure that their 2-page abstract are not counted as “publication” in the conference Proceedings.
C. Special Session paper submission:
Proposals for Special Sessions (of 90 minutes, consisting of a 30 minute invited talk followed by 3 papers) are submitted to the Special Session Chair for approval using this form.
Upon acceptance of Special Sessions, in the Special Session Track 9 the dedicated sub-tracks (to all accepted Special Sessions with their titles) will be created.
All Special Session participants: Please submit your abstracts to the sub-tract (by topic selection) with the name of your Special Session. Paper submission (see Submission Process) starts with a text-only Abstract (100-200 words).
- Your abstract will be automatically approved as the Session has been approved.
- For Special Session Regular papers please follow instructions for “A Regular Paper Submission”
- For Special Session Invited papers please use one of the three options in “B Invited Paper Submission”
D. Late Breaking News Submission (to ‘Late Breaking News’ Track)
Submission (see Submission Process) starts with a text-only Abstract (100-200 words).
Then, immediately submit a 2-page extended PDF abstract of the late breaking news submission (written using the conference template) which after acceptance will appear in the NMDC 2018 Proceedings (in Xplore) but not count as a publication.
The 2-page extended abstracts will undergo a full review process. Upon abstract acceptance the final version (if any) may then be uploaded and IEEE copyright filed.
Abstracts and papers need to be prepared using the guidelines in the Formatting section. PLEASE use a Conference template; do not use a JOURNAL template – page numbers, headers, copyright footers etc must be removed.
Abstracts and Papers must be submitted via the EDAS at https://edas.info/N24427.
Publisher: The Conference Proceedings will be published in IEEE Xplore.
IEEE Conference Authors Open Access (OA) Publishing Requirements:
There are two common forms of OA. The first, referred to as “Gold OA”, is an author‐pays approach. The author (or author’s employer/funding agency) pays a charge to ensure that the final version of an article is made openly available to the public—that is, no subscription is needed to view the article. The second is “Green OA”. In this form of OA, an “as accepted for publication” (that is, not final) version of the article is self‐archived by the author in a public space, such as on a personal Web page or in an institutional repository. Conference authors may post their own versions of their papers as accepted by a conference, to comply with Green OA practice.
Author FAQ: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/
No Show Policy: Papers will be published in the conference proceedings only if at least one of the authors is officially registered and the paper presented. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Registration: Presenting Authors must register for the conference at the full rate.
Authorization to publish: IEEE assumes that material presented at its conferences or submitted to its publications is properly available for general dissemination to the audiences these activities are organized to serve. It is the responsibility of the authors, not IEEE, to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it. In order to ensure that the authors are aware of their responsibilities, IEEE Copyright Forms must be collected for all papers accepted for publication.
Plagiarism check: Each paper will be verified using plagiarism checking system(s) to ensure all referenced material is properly cited and not previously published.
Quality: IEEE reserves the right to withhold publishing of proceedings or papers that do not meet the IEEE quality standards.
Paper amendments: Authors can amend their submissions online up until the submission deadline. Login to your account and you can upload a new PDF.
Final Manuscripts: Once the paper or extended abstract is accepted, the IEEE copyright must be filed, the presenter named, and the final manuscript version can be uploaded.
Abstracts for all papers are 100-200 words and are to be submitted into EDAS in the “Abstract” text box.
Full Papers and 2-page Extended Abstracts (this option is only valid for Invited Speakers or Late News) need to be prepared using the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings.
For information on formatting your submission you can refer to the IEEE Author Center at http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/ and you can find templates at the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html which has standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats. DO NOT USE A JOURNAL TEMPLATE.
The format for 2-page extended abstracts (aka short papers) and 4-page and 6-page full papers (manuscript), must follow the IEEE paper template and satisfy the following requirements:
- Manuscript must be in English
Full conference papers must have a ‘premise/process/outcome/conclusion’ structure:– Premise (hypothesis): A description of the problem being addressed, and the basic idea to address it. For an applications article, this would be a description of what the application was designed to do.– Process (experiments): A description of what the authors actually did. For an application article, this would be the detail of the application itself; for a design article, the thought process that went in to the design.– Outcome (results): What the experiment produced, or how the application performed, or the final design (for a design article).– Conclusion: A summary of the lessons learned from the paper.
- The manuscript must follow IEEE two-column format with single-spaced, ten-point font in the text. The 2-page extended abstracts are limited to 2 pages. The regular paper manuscript length is four (4) pages; papers longer than four pages will not be accepted for publication. The manuscript length for invited papers is four to six (6) pages. All figures, tables, references, etc. are included in the page limit.
- Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF) format.
- Margins for letter-size paper: left and right: 0.62 inch ; top: 0.75 inch; bottom: 1 inch
- Do not use: page headers, page numbers, page footers, copyright footer.
- All fonts must be embedded in the PDF file (in Word, create the PDF with “ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)” option).
- Authors MUST submit their papers electronically using EDAS as described above.
- No Bookmarks are allowed in the PDF.
- No hyperlinks are allowed in the PDF. [In Word to remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.] (Note: some recent versions of Word insert internal links for footnotes and figures.)
- To help find margin issues, enable “Show text boundaries” in MS Word. Go into Main/File, then Word Options, then Advanced. Then check the box under “Show document content” for “Show text boundaries”. That lets you see where figures are intruding into the margins. Also, if you reset the margins, you have to select the whole document before you apply “margins.”
Signed IEEE Copyright Forms must be collected for all papers and extended abstracts accepted for publication.
NMDC has enabled the EDAS IEEE eCopyright function (ECF). With ECF, authors are redirected to an IEEE web site and fill in the IEEE copyright form on the web. The ECF then reports completion of the web form to EDAS, allowing the author to upload the form. Thus, authors do not have to print, fill out and upload copyright forms manually.
Authors of accepted papers can submit copyright forms via the (c) link in the ‘My Papers’ tab.
Guidelines for submitting your full final paper PDF
- Formatting must comply with the stated requirements (see IEEE template).
- Authors must complete the IEEE Copyright Assignment form.
- All papers must be checked for plagiarism (performed by EDAS).
- All papers must be PDF verified, either with the EDAS, or through the IEEE PDF eXpress system before submission.
Using IEEE PDF eXpress
We encourage authors to check their final full papers for NMDC using the IEEE PDF eXpress system http://www.pdf-express.org before they are submitted to the conference in EDAS. Here are the basic instructions for using PDF eXpress:
- Dates: Site opens: 2018-06-01; Submission deadline: 2018-08-15.
- First-time users: Go to http://www.pdf-express.org. Select “New Users – Click Here“, then enter your email address and a memorable password, and the Conference ID 42399X.
- Previous users: Go to http://www.pdf-express.org. Enter 42399X for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account. When you click “Login“, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue“. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this conference.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title“.
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended).
- Click “Submit PDF for checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion“.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click “Browse” and navigate to file, and click “Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
- If your PDF submitted fails the check: Submit your source file again by clicking “Try again“, Read the PDF Check Report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or Request Technical Help through your account.
- If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF: Resubmit your source file with corrections by clicking “Try again“, or if that fails, “Request a Manual Conversion“through your account.
- If the PDF submitted passed the check: If the PDF passed, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF, submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the Submission Process above.
For questions regarding PDF eXpress, you can contact the IEEE Publications Support Center. Also, please see related FAQ at: http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/faqs/index.html. Please ensure to quote your abstract ID in all correspondence.
If you have questions or problems, contact the Program Committee using this form:
- NMDC 2022 Call for Papers
- NMDC 2021 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore
- NMDC 2021 in and Around Vancouver
- Extended Deadline for Regular, Special Session and Invited papers submission
- NMDC 2021 Postponed to December