Information for Authors
There are three types of submissions: Regular Authors, Invited Presentations and Late News.
NMDC 2021 uses a three-step process for submissions:
- Abstract (one page, PDF) – reviewed for scope/fit to conference, accepted for development into paper [Invited: 1 or 2 pages]
- Review draft (4 pages + references; 2 pages minimum for Late News) – reviewed for acceptance [Option for Invited & Late News]
- Final (4 pages + references; 2 pages minimum for Late News)
A. Regular paper submission (to NMDC 2021 Track):
Papers need to be prepared using the guidelines in the Formatting section. NMDC has defined IEEE Word templates for EDAS which can be downloaded in letter and A4 format. PLEASE use an NMDC IEEE Conference template; do not use a JOURNAL or other template – page numbers, headers, copyright footers etc must be removed.
- Register the paper in EDAS: Provide paper title, keywords, and a short description of the work (20-100 words). EDAS will use your account information as the primary author.
- Select the topic(s) with which your paper corresponds.
- Submit, and wait for the paper registration confirmation from the EDAS system. The page will refresh.
- Authors: Add any secondary author names.
- Upload your PDF abstract (100-200 words but maximum of one page using the NMDC letter or A4 template). [Optionally, you may use the NMDC abstract template.]
- EDAS will send you a confirmation email.
Full paper submission
Submitted manuscripts will undergo a full paper review process. After paper acceptance, the final paper can be submitted for the conference Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore).
All authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit versions of their papers to the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO), the IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine (NM) or the IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology (OJ NANO). Authors submitting to the Special Issues on NMDC 2021 will be requested to significantly expand the content of their conference proceedings papers. All submitted papers will go through the standard review process of the journal.
B. Invited presentation submission (to Invited Track):
- Submit a PDF abstract (100-200 words but a maximum of one page) using instructions provided for regular submissions. Use the abstract template so your abstract can appear in the NMDC 2021 Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore). This submission is not considered to be a publication;
- You are also welcome to submit a 4-page paper for review and inclusion in the NMDC 2021 Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore).
Invited speakers are automatically invited to submit expanded versions of their conference proceedings paper to the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) or the IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine (INM), or the IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology (OJ NANO). Authors submitting to the Special Issues on NMDC 2021 will need to significantly expand on the content of their conference publication.
C. Late Breaking News Submission (to ‘Late News’ Track)
Submit a 2-page extended PDF abstract of the late breaking news submission (written using the letter template or A4 template) which after acceptance will appear in the NMDC 2021 Proceedings (in IEEE Xplore) but not count as a publication.
Abstracts and Papers must be submitted via the EDAS system. See submission instructions here.
NMDC uses IEEE PDF eXpress for checking compliance with IEEE publication specifications (except margins).
Publisher: The Conference Proceedings will be published in IEEE Xplore.
IEEE Conference Authors Open Access (OA) Publishing Requirements:
There are two common forms of OA. The first, referred to as “Gold OA”, is an author‐pays approach. The author (or author’s employer/funding agency) pays a charge to ensure that the final version of an article is made openly available to the public—that is, no subscription is needed to view the article. The second is “Green OA”. In this form of OA, an “as accepted for publication” (that is, not final) version of the article is self‐archived by the author in a public space, such as on a personal Web page or in an institutional repository. Conference authors may post their own versions of their papers as accepted by a conference, to comply with Green OA practice.
Author FAQ: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/
No Show Policy: Papers will be published in the conference proceedings only if at least one of the authors is officially registered and the paper presented. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Registration: Presenting Authors must register for the conference at the full rate.
Authorization to publish: IEEE assumes that material presented at its conferences or submitted to its publications is properly available for general dissemination to the audiences these activities are organized to serve. It is the responsibility of the authors, not IEEE, to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it. In order to ensure that the authors are aware of their responsibilities, IEEE Copyright Forms must be collected for all papers accepted for publication.
Plagiarism check: Each paper will be verified using plagiarism checking system(s) to ensure all referenced material is properly cited and not previously published.
Quality: IEEE reserves the right to withhold publishing of proceedings or papers that do not meet the IEEE quality standards.
Paper amendments: Authors can amend their submissions online up until the submission deadline. Login to your account and you can upload a new PDF.
Final Manuscripts: Once the paper or extended abstract is accepted, the IEEE copyright must be filed, the presenter named, and the final manuscript version can be uploaded.
If you have questions or problems, contact the Program Committee using this form: